First thing, establish your financial budget before you begin. Be certain not to place it too low as it might take you much longer to get the right drum set because your selection may be too minimized. If you’re a starter drummer and simply looking for an introductory place, I would recommend a budget of 300 to 500 bugs. Newbie products are usually similar in quality, but there are specific what to look for like cymbal quality, hardware quality, and the pedal response. If you are a intermediate drummer I quickly would recommend a save between 600 dollars and 1200 dollars. With an intermediate kit you should not have to compromise in conditions of your preferences. When buying used equipment, be certain that you will be buying from someone that knows how to take care of a kit well.
For a specialist the sky is the limit on what you can spend. A couple of unlimited limited release kits. I understand that looks funny but it appears these days that each company is wanting to take action not used to up the worthiness on their set up.
Important “Used Set up” Tips
When deciding whether to buy new or used it always comes home to price for me personally. Beginner drum-kits never seem to be to depreciate. I’ll buy a equipment for $250, take it home and sell it the next week for $500. In essence, you need to obtain a beginner set for $500 or less. When you want to upgrade you shall not loose hardly any money. So that it is not really a question of new or used, this is a question of price. Below are a few simple what to look for when buying a used set up. In case the equipment needs some work you may use these to your bargaining advantages then.
Cymbals: ensure that there are no breaks or ripples in the cymbals, if there are splits consider the cymbal worthless then.
Drumheads: be sure the comparative mind don’t have huge dints or splits in them. Always go through the bottom heads too. They may be as very important to sensible quality of your set up just.
Hardware: some sets have been seen to look as though these were stored in the torrential rain. The hardware was all rusted combined with the rims and tuning pegs. In case an equipment is rusted I would recommend that you avoid it.
Hi–hat stand: try the hi-hat stand before you get the equipment. Ensure that spring in the stand is not exhausted that is barely lifts the cymbals.
Shells: check the final on the drums and ensure that it isn’t bubbling or peeling. Also, be sure the wood is not cracked.
What counts most is the fact that you like what you bought and participating in your kit enables you to want to keep participating in drums. I am hoping this can help you on the next purchase. Take some time; it surely exists another great deal.
When we are inspired, it is critical to record our ideas quickly in the studio not to forget. Otherwise, you can lose a great idea. Here are tips so you can work better and more comfortably in your studio. It is best to opt for a Yamaha hs8. View yamaha hs8 review by Soldier Studio
6 tips to improve effectiveness in the studio
Everything is ready in less than 3 minutes
To not stop our inspiration is essential that the studio is all set to record in less than 3-5 minutes, you never know when inspiration comes.
Leave all connected
Whenever possible it is preferable to leave all the equipment and all connected cables. In this way, only you will need to load the sequencer and get to record those ideas.
Long gone those days consumers have difficulty choosing windows since the type and design were not so various. Today, when the options are no longer limited, millions of companies and trillions of window designs with different features has put us in another dilemma: which one to choose? Whether you are going to build a new house or replace old windows, the problem is so confusing. So, scroll down slowly to glance at some criteria I personally think would help you.
Choose one that suits your home décor:
It should look good from both the inside and the outside of your house, in order that the architectural style of yours are valuably shown. Your house has contemporary trend or follow the traditional style? The former will suits better floor to ceiling windows, which give the full dynamic view whereas the latter should be accompanied by diamond-shaped mullioned windows.
Choose one that is energy efficient:
Compare efficiency ratings before buying a window can help you to pay less for heating and cooling costs and make the most of your budget. Let’s talk a little about energy efficiency. To be qualified for Energy Star status, window makers must meet these two main standards: U-value, which measures a window unit’s resistance to heat loss; Solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC), which measures how much heat enters a home through the glass. About this two indices, the lower the better efficiency windows provide with.
Choose one that serves your needs of light and air:
Basically, windows are used to allow light transmittance. But that of each room is different since it has its own purpose, for instance, small rooms require more light to make it larger, therefore you should build a window wall. Pantry store needs window to make space more pleasant, but not a very big one because we don’t often have that much space, so a transom will do.
If you want a window that provides you with the amount of air wanted, then choose the single-hung design, because it can adjust the ventilation from zero to half of the window area. Another type of window made for both ventilation and sightseeing is casement style. Its features suit many architectural home designs nowadays, plus, the price is quite good.
Choose the glass you want:
We cannot ignore the heart of your windows, right? When it comes to glass, the puzzle game is still going strong. But don’t worry, it is not that hard to make a choice. Purchase clear glass if you are so confusing, it is the basic material but giving the same efficiency anyways. Nowadays, manufactures even give you more glazing options, like Low-E coating, which somehow saves more time choosing a window. Reflective film coated on window panes also offers an effective heat-absorbing system. You absolutely have rights to put on a window with many layers, one, two or even three panes of glass give the best energy saving, since the thickness has reduced all the U-value. Don’t hesitate to put colorful glass at the top of your list, no one ever says you can’t, right?
Consider the sash and frame:
Like the ‘bones’ of your windows, the sash and frame are worth noticing because they decide the long-live existence. Aluminum is light and cheap, but not very energy efficient. Fiberglass is new in town, extremely stable in different climate conditions, not often rot, warp or shrink but quite expensive. Vinyl is well-known for its durability, cheaper than fiberglass and more energy efficient than aluminum. Oh, don’t forget the woody windows which have existed for centuries, you know?
Yup, you hear us.
It’s simple, like the title said. KICK SOME ASS Drums are glaring, crude, powerful, clumsy, unmissable, bulky, inappropriate, primal and supa dupa awesome. The person who has learnt to play drums must know all of these. No lack of courage is allowed. Drums have no room for weakness. If you want to be a truly talented drummer, just play as you like. Either simple or complicated, you have your own style, your own way of thinking. You’re ready to kick some ass!
- PRACTICE This is clearly important, obvious and fundamental. However, it involves a quite big amount of hand & eye coordination, since you know, you have to do multi tasks, physical tasks to be specific, at the same time. Your brain will take time to accommodate these actions, so that it would feel comfortable while you play it free. The feeling of comfort is the key here, you won’t be able to be yourself if you don’t feel loose. As far as we know, practice is the only method to improve your playing efficiently.
- GO TO A LOT OF SHOWS Watching people play drum live is kind of inspring. It makes you feel confident and enthusiastic. Try to pick a seat that is as close to the drummers as possible, from that sight of view, you will learn people’s tricks, what you should do and what you shouldn’t. Everything appears to be easier when you get to see a real professional drummer in front of you, fresh and blood, showing you how playing drum really is. Yes you can sit in front of the computer screen to watch and listen, but nothing compares to watch them play live.
- TRY NOT TO MAKE FUNNY FACES / LOOK GOOD We have a lot of things to do in this state. As you can see, drummers are often strong and sweaty. That is one style. But being cool and foxy isn’t a bad idea after all. Just don’t make ridiculous things around your fans, you know.
- LEARN WAYS TO PLAY QUIET There would be days that you learn to play a sensitive song. You must not be panic. Play it quietly, like turn off your snare, break out the tambourine or the maraca, and stuffs.
- PLAY LONG FILLS.Yeah, this takes a while to practice and play smoothly but it’s worth the try. This is important, very highly important. Nobody’s going to care about you if at the end of a phrase you decide to drop an eight-measure fill. I mean NOBODY.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF!!!!!Yeah, don’t neglect this point. Drums are said to be the most interesting instrument, and the one that people respond to physically. Don’t be hesitate to show people what you do, where you come from, what makes you YOU. Don’t be down just because of a simple mistake, but try to explore, to improvise. Here is what your style made of.
Either you work at home or in the studio, treating your work place cannot be neglected. You think your super gear alone can help you create an awesome track? No dude, you’re wrong. The recording environment is the first element that would decide your product will go up, or down. Here is a couple things you’d better check out when you arrange your recording room.
- Stay away from hard surfaces: Hard surfaces, such as walls, could be the biggest enemy for home recording. Concrete walls, hardwood floors, counter tops and tiled walls are all reflective. They play your sound like a ball bouncing around the room, and this process makes those echoes that misguide and can be heard in your track. Curtains, carpet, fabric and rounded furniture and opened closet are nicer, having your room more acoustically sounded. So remember, any hard surface is reflective, which means windows and slat blinds are part of what make your track bad, full of echoes and noises. Use those curtains and cover the glass (it is highly reflective!). If you have a completely bare room, meaning it has no curtains, no carpet, only hard walls, you should think of having those hanging or it’s gonna be… um… useless.
- You can buy reflection shields that are made to help minimize sounds picked up from the sides and back the microphones. It would be best if you are using a strictly omni-directional mic, but I know most of you, in your home studio, are with a cardioid mic (one with forward directional) because it leaves out most noise coming from the sides and back. But, what you may not know is that the cardioid mic is most sensitive to noises formed behind singers. So what now?
- So all problems come from the reflection, so we are gonna have some DIY acoustical treatment. The best and most common way of doing this is to hang thick blanket on those reflective surfaces: walls, closets, windows, especially those behind the singer so that we can reduce the unwanted noise. And like I said, avoid those hard surfaces as possible, or you may not be able to accomplish what you want. And one more thing, bass frequencies are “infamous” for building up under your desks.
- What position you should never stand to record? In the middle of the room. Here frequencies are built up, waves pass by, and you would get “hit”
- “Then where should I stand now?” In my opinion, you should stand closer to the covered wall and further from the opposite wall. Just don’t be in the middle. Open your closets and let your clothes absorb the sound. Now there is less reflection that could be made.
- Make sure that you have eliminate as much as possible background noise. Turn off the AC, and the TV, the microwave, the fan, the washing machine, the microwave … Well technically anything that could “speak”, turn them all off. And keep your pets away from your mixing room, please.
Yes, having a small shelter can provide with a variety of advantages that people never think of. The inconvenience which always flashes in your head whenever mini home living is mentioned may go away after you have finished this article.
Over the last 6 decades, prices have increased non-stop that having their own house is only a dream to some people, especially with low-income couples. Then modern tiny houses come as a solution. The truth is, small houses require smaller area (100 – 160 meter square, usually), as well as less money spent on buying building materials or constructing. Then it must be the reason why tiny houses are so favored by young couples, students, retired individuals and others, since they offer such a proper price of building or building a house just as much as buying a car. I mean, let’s imagine, you can have a cozy, comfortable house or a mere car, what would you choose? Also, which one you like better, to buy a small house with abundant convenience or to buy big one and end up with a huge debt?
Moreover, you will not have much space to decorate when living in a small house. Only particular rooms, such as the living room or the kitchen, would need some furniture in it. And now you can buy efficient stuffs for your own liking, durable and pretty with no worries that you may run out of money. Do you understand, less but better? And please, don’t think of such things like “Oh where I am going to put all my stuffs?”. Maybe small corners will show you that, you won’t be needing that much.
Cheap living costs
It is evidential that small houses don’t have much rooms to heat or cool, which means their owners don’t need to spend too much money on air conditioner or heater either. Also with light, water and so on. We all know that big houses, on the other hand, cost a great amount of money on conditioning without using it up. The saving program is not effective since there were too much space to control the resources used (which has become a huge problem, you know~).
In addition, when you live in a small house, you don’t struggle to clean up the whole house because it is already so small, haha. The cleaning task has become so much easier and time-saving. In exchange, now you can have more time for other stuffs, like cooking, reading or going out, which you can never have if you own a large mansion. And if you usually pay someone so they can clean up the mess for you, that will not be necessary anymore. In short, smaller house means less cleaning, more money and more time.
Comfy and cozy
Big houses are often cold and silent, especially with just one or two people living in. But it is totally different when it comes to tiny house, the emptiness hardly showing up, and rooms connected together make it hard to remain ‘silent’. But it is also more comfortable and cozy, since everything feels more intimate.
Some people even choose to make their tiny house portable so as to freely travel here and there, bringing along all the belongings. This kind of tiny house is different from an RV, with more advance and durable. In fact, RV serves the purpose of moving frequently but it is built on cheaper materials, resulting not very durable condition.
So, tempered glass is five time harder than standard glass with the same thickness, and also more expensive. What more? Find out now
To make glass, the mixture of soda ash, lime and sand is melted at very high temperatures (more than 1650 C). After it has been formed and cooled, people reheat and cool it once again. This process, called annealing, makes these two type different.
Tempered glass is cooled rapidly, resulting in its additional strength, resistance to thermal stress, and impact resistance. Fully tempered glass are at the 10000 psi (pounds per square inch) level. Tempered glass is also called toughened glass, because they are now one of the most force-resisting glass.
Standard glass, on the other hand, is cooled slowly. This is the reason why it is ,uch more fragile, its surface compression is only at 3500 psi level.
Broken state and applications:
Tempered glasses have more impact resistance, but break completely when the forces come unbearable, leaving no intact areas. They will shatter into millions of little pieces, somehow end up protecting people involved (they will have a few scratches, but it is okay). Because of this, they are preferred in structures where safety is the top prior. Standard glass can be cut to size or pressed into shape after it is processed. If an application requires, its edges can be polished or holes drilled into it. Tempered glass cannot be reworked after it is tempered. Attempts to cut or drill into a pane would result in it shattering completely, that is why the task of cutting or dyeing glass must precede the annealing process. Tempered glass is also called safety glass, used to create car windows and glass doors because it is tougher than any kind of standard glass (you know, to be safer). But now, in applications requiring the highest degrees of safety, laminate glass is now more commonly used. Laminate glass is made by two layers of glass pressed together with coated plastic in between, producing a much tougher glass. In situation of extreme force, laminate glass will crack, but not shatter.
Standard glass will break in the certain area crashed, resulting in cracks or a hole in just one location, and leaving the rest of the pane in one piece. At some points, standard glass is considered to give greater security, as parts of a glass can remain safe and sound even after another section is broken. But the problem will get super huge if so many holes connected in one pane appear, the whole piece will break into large and sharp fragments, putting everyone in contact with it at extreme risk. Standard glasses are still widely used at many applications because they are cheaper, and the requirements are not in need of tempered glasses.
Tempered glass should not be used where building codes require wired glass for fire-spread resistance. When using tempered glass in fireplace screens, provisions must be made for expansion and edge insulation.Also, tempered glass should not be used, alone, where the objective is to provide security against forced entry or bullet passage. Combinations of standard and tempered glass can be effective barriers against forced entry and bullet impact, if they are in proper design and construction.
Tempered glass has more heat resistance and scratch resistance than standard glass. About the appearance, however, it does not appear any different than standard glass. The two types of glass are made in a variety of sizes and thicknesses and can be colored and tinted as you like.
Each year, according to National Electronic Injury Surveillance System database (NEISS), there are 200000 children injured badly in playground accident, in which 22% are related to swings.. That is enormous, right? Especially for home playground, with swing sets installed without certification or insurance. Therefore, now I want to discuss a little about the safety swing sets, so as to provide more information about these particular structures. Please read carefully, maybe some falls would not turn fatal.
Here are a few tips to choose safe swing sets:
· For children under 3 years old, choose a toddler swing set with enclosed sides.
· Only purchase swing sets whose swings have a minimum distance between them of about 22 inches (55 meters).
· Only slides which are maximum 10 foot long, with a greatest deck height of 5 foot, should be bought. At this height, a parent standing on the ground can supervise a child without obstacles.
· Check all connections, slowly and carefully so that you will not ignore any errors in the new equipment..
· Make sure that the equipment has no ramp stuck next to the slide! This is highly crucial and I think you can easily understand.
However, installation procedure involves even more in children’s safety. This requires some tasks of measuring and calculating since we need to consider how the outcome would be.
The first and foremost thing to remember is always ‘constructing’ in area where the deck cannot reach. Both sides need at least a distance of 8 foot from the surroundings so that no accident will be caused by a moving swing. Also, we should choose shock absorbing materials for the surface below, such as sand or mulch and avoid grass or slippy materials.
Another thing is to make sure there won’t be room for any collisions or entanglements. From swings to swings and from swings to other side should maintain a particular space of at least 22’ (recommended). In addition, the minimum height of swings’ deck (from the ground to bottom of the seat) is often set at about 4 foot, so that everything is both safe and suitable for your children even until they have grown up. When it comes to toddler swings, people often place the deck at minimum 24 inches above the ground in order that kids cannot swing themselves.
Oh, you should know that the ‘Shooks’, often seen in chains (I hope you are not thinking about ropes now because that would be a total no no!) which connect and fasten the swing seats, is supposed to be closed. Gap between them, even the smallest, can highly cause a variety of accidents and injuries if clothes of your children get snagged. Clevises can replace S hooks, no problem but that won’t work with ‘O rings’ chains.
Many smaller points are left to note down, for example, avoid overhanging object in your zone if the structure’s top can reach it easily (children are so curious and furious sometimes, you know), avoid so sunny zone with easily heated materials, control the number of pupils playing… Maintenance issues are also necessary and done at least twice a year.
One last rule for you, is that you have to always supervise. Every time someone swinging must be accompanied by adult’s presence. Well, I guess this is important and we all know it. But for children at the age of nine or more, it is even better if from the window of your house, all corners are revealed shine and bright. This allows you and your kids to work independently and freely.